zondag 5 juni 2011

The Clothing Requirements

So much to plan and so much to arrange when going on a trip like this one! Obviously I've started with the most important task of all: the wardrobe. (Okay okay, most important after the financial concerns and practical things such as a plane ticket...) 
According to the informative booklet that was send to us we have seven days which require Professional/Smart clothing. If I may quote: "During a period of Professional/Smart dress, women must wear blouses (no tank tops) and skirts (no denim) or dresses. Shoulders must be covered at all times. Pants are appropriate only when part of a professional business suit." 
Well, I'm a progressive feminist and feel a strong need to wear pants after a description like this one. (Yes that is indeed contradicting with my casual closet, red.) But still, I don't really own "smart" clothes. That leaves only one option; the magical verb of shopping! The pictures show some of my purchased outfits, but if they don't live up to the standards enough I've got a special weapon with me: fake glasses! So far I've spend over four months of my clothing money, but it will
be worth it! 
ps We also have two dressy evenings; one attending a Broadway show and of course the final dinner cruise. Surprisingly I have already bought at least five different options for that, just to be sure :) 
 



"Heels are not recommended"

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten